Save Water… Save Money!
Everyone could benefit from following just these few helpful hints:
- Compare your water usage between taking a bath and a shower. Take a bath and mark the water level with a piece of masking tape. Next time you take a shower stop up the drain and compare your water usage. Which takes less water?
- When taking a bath, or using your sink for dish washing, put in the stopper as you begin to draw water. It will begin as cold water but the addition of the hot water will give you the proper temperature while reducing your water usage!
- The difference in a five minute and ten minute shower is about 45 gallons of water.
Shorten your time and save water!
- A dishwasher uses three to five times more water than doing dishes by hand. More labor, less water. You choose!
- Don’t run tap water waiting for it to get cool. Keep a jug of water in the refrigerator. You will have a cooler drink and save water!